Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Whip

I've spent some time lately going through some old blogs, and one in particular has caught my attention again. I think I am in total love with this quote.

On being oneself ~ ""The whip is good for us," she said. "Perhaps it is hard for you to understand that, as you are not a woman. .........

Lay down the whip, and we will attack you, and undermine you, and use your own laws, institutions, and rhetorics to destroy you, inch by inch. Lift it, and we will lick your feet in gratitude.

Own us, dominate us! Enslave us, properly, so that we may love you as women are meant to love, wholly and unreservedly, totally, without thought of ourselves!" She looked at me, tears in her eyes. "Is it so wrong to want to be ourselves?" "

~ Renegades of Gor, pg 157


~ To Quote my dear Friend, DreameeGirl:
There could not be truer words spoken. One may see the whip in many forms, but remembering and reminding a girl of her place at all times. It's true many a slave will take the chance and see if You waver, stumble or even fall. It's not a test she is wishing to create but the need, to know. To acknowledge Your strength, your guidance, Your very own weakness will be seen by on lookers. One is either dominate or they are not, one is either slave or they are not. It is not a role to choose one day and not the next. Live it, Breathe it, Feel it ..Be it...

You enforce and grant the steel, she is but a mere magnet...is she not ?

The whip may be a look, a whisper, a touch...and many more things to each person.

The one thing a girl can assure you is this .... The fire within the belly of a woman may only be intensely fueled by the strong and he whom is not afraid to get his hands burnt, for once she burns paga hot as the books say...she needs totally control, she thrives upon it. Without it she will seek it else where, for she is slave...one whom seeks, needs, mastery!
~ End Quote

I tend to add my own words to posts after I share a quote, but DreameeGirl summed it up perfectly. As much as it could be a literal whip, I don't believe that Norman is speaking of an actual whip. I feel it is that iron hand in a velvet glove that is enforcing buondaries, discipline, order, and enforcing her surrender. It could be a look, the tone of His voice, or even the snap of His fingers. Whatever He choses to keep His girl in line. What happens when he stops? The girl becomes very unhappy and will begin to act out... so how do you fix it then?

Pixie and I have talked about this very topic a lot over the last few years. I think the hardest part is figuring out which should come first... her submission or His mastery. After things have gone slack, I mean. I have written about that before too!

No comments: