Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Barbie!


New York was all a-buzz with celebrating Barbie's 50th Birthday! It seems that major fashion designers came out to give the very first frugal fashionista props for fifty years of going strong!

Barbie never made me feel bad about myself or my body, if anything she gave me an outlet to learn to express myself -- my feelings, my fantasies, my fears... I have been collecting various lines of Barbies for as long as I can remember, not just the dolls but the ornaments too. I also have the Wizard of Oz collection, which are my favorites! Although now they have a set out that has a musical audible thing that you can push and it sings!! However, right now they are a little beyond my current financial ability so... I'll wait for them to get a little cheaper. :)

Happy Birthday Barbie! And thank you for all the fun, laughter, and support you gave me!

Remember... It's Barbie's world, we just play in it... and without you, she is just plastic.

1 comment:

~~ pixie said...

Happy Birthday Barbie!! Was wondering sis...did they ever have a bubble barbie? You know one that likes bubbles ;)