Monday, March 16, 2009

Just out of reach


Those who know me well will know that I am having a hard few weeks. I have been very sick and even know I knew that in my head, I don’t think it really sank in until last night. I was fixing to get in the shower and my puppy was scratching to get into the bathroom with me, I cracked the door and she came in to lay on the bathmat until I finished. I always thought it was just her thing, she’s done it since day one.

Then it hit me...

She loves me.

Completely.

Unconditionally.

And I cried.

I still feel guilty, like she deserves a better Owner... Someone who can do things and give her things I cannot. People say that she choose me, so why do I feel the need to apologize to her? Hearing the words of my Friend in my head again, I realized exactly what was going on.

I need to find a way to forgive myself for everything in the past, let go of that pain and... give myself permission to be loved unconditionally. If I cannot allow this puppy, whom I adore, close and welcome her love... how can I let another Person in??

The image is entitled "We can fuck forever" by Rudzielec Madzia.

2 comments:

grace said...

I know that feeling so well. Maybe the dog will help you open up. Master and I just got a dog and I have to say... if anything, she's teaching us a heck of a lot. I wish you the best...it's a tough road but it seems like you have a sweet soul to assist.

grace said...

I know that feeling so well. Maybe the dog will help you open up. Master and I just got a dog and I have to say... if anything, she's teaching us a heck of a lot. I wish you the best...it's a tough road but it seems like you have a sweet soul to assist.