Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Child, A Woman



A poem: A Child, A Woman
by InsatiablenWild
Align Center
With all of our talks.
With all of your interest into my heart...like none other.
With all of your answers to my emotional walls, roadblocks and lil girl's fears.

In them all you have reached in and
revealed an area that has rarely if ever been exposed,
let alone touched.

I feel fragile.
I feel childlike.
I feel
e x p o s e d.

I stand before you, the adult woman.
I stand before you, a child beneath the surface.
I stand before you as a strong independent woman.
I stand before you as a vulnerable, fearful yet longing child.

One day, you will see the first tear.
One day, you will know that is my heart.
One day, that tear will fall and I will quickly wipe it away.

One day, that tear will fall and more will follow and I will wipe them away.
One day, that tear will fall and more will follow and I will let them continue to fall.
One day, that tear will fall and more will follow and
you will see my heart open to the torrent of all it's held for years.

I am strong.
I am very weak.

My strength helps me to survive.
My strength is also my weakness.
My weakness keeps me in bondage.
To allow myself to be weak, I will be stronger.

Daddy Daddy hold me.
Daddy Daddy let me cry on your shoulder.
Daddy Daddy welcome your little girl into your embrace.
Daddy Daddy take all of my fears, hurts and pain and take them away.

Daddy Daddy show me the woman you want me to be
from the little girl you created.


No comments: