Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time in Fairyland



“Some of us think holding on makes us strong;
but sometimes it is letting go.”
~Hermann Hesse

I spent a few days with Pixie, it was really nice to see her again! It has been way too long, and so much had happened since the last time we hung out. I got to see her little man and her kids, which was nice. my heart still breaks for her because of what that ass is putting her through she is going through with D. Pixie and I have a level of honesty between us that is amazing and that I treasure... We are able to say things to each other that, would hurt or anger us coming from someone else... but I know she only says things out of love, as I do with her. I do my best to support Pixie in whatever her heart desires, but I had to be firm in the fact that even though she does love D... it doesn't change anything. Relationships are funny like that sometimes... when it comes to making something actually work, love seems to be very low on the 'needs to have' list. Respect. Communication. Compromise. Faith. Forgiveness. Trust. Compassion. Maturity. Then maybe love? Part of my mind cannot wrap around the idea of loving being there when those others are not, but... I know that she loves him... It just doesn't help.

I thought this quote and picture would be the perfect accessory for this post... because sometimes the greater strength comes into play when it is time to let go...

No comments: