Sunday, June 8, 2008

Swimming

I love the water. There is something safe about the support of the water, the gentle massage of the waves, the way I feel graceful beneath its surface as I swim across the pool. I feel such a strong connection to water, whether in a pool, river, lake, ocean, or even the tub. I just feel more like ‘myself’ perched on the bank/shore, lost in the hypnotic roll of the current/tide.

If I could have a super hero power, it would be to be able to breathe under water. I want to explore the depths of the sea, discovering the secrets of the ocean’s floor. Would the wild dolphins be friendly? Are octopuses misunderstood? I cannot wait to visit the reef, admiring the colorful fish as they go about their business. Yes I know that I could scuba dive and experience the same things, well almost the same things...

Perhaps I was a mermaid in a past life, or a wench on a pirate/sailor’s ship. All I know is that I cannot wait to go swimming again!

No comments: