Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy.

It’s been such a long week that I need some serious Daddy time. I’ve been working 18-21 hours a day for the last four or five days and I’m beyond tired. But then again, I’m not really sleepy, more of a drained feeling – but some kind of ‘speeding’ seems to have taken its place. I just need some Daddy time.

The night seems darker right now, shadows everywhere, and I don’t like it. Not even my stuffed elephant isn’t working to make me feel comfortable and safe tonight. I even dug out my crayons in the wee hours of this morning, but I couldn’t even focus enough to color properly! So I put in my favorite cartoon instead, and was back out of bed before the opening segment finished! So dang fidgety that bubbles aren’t holding my attention either. When I was able to actually catch a nap, my dreams were fitful and send me tossing turning... Daddy maybe you would please pet my back or run your fingers through my hair... just until I fall asleep, please? You wouldn’t have to stay all night, just until I fall asleep?

Needing to be tucked in,
little girl

No comments: