Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Hopes Are Great for '08



Today has been a rough day. I didn’t sleep well at all last night, maybe two or three hours at the most. My shoulders and legs were cramping up really bad, although it eased up a little once I started working. I just got back from a grocery ‘big shop’ ($1200 worth), it was my first one I did by myself and my body is very angry with me right now. My shoulders and upper back hurts bad but it hurts worse to try and lay down.

This year I need to do better about not fighting against my fibro, learning to work with it so that I can continue to do what I need to do without these painful side affects. Then again, I need to do MUCH better about making sure I get a massage each month, I think that is part of my pain now (I haven’t had a massage since September). Hmmm maybe I’ll go lay down on my massaging mat, which is if my headache will allow me too. I do love my ‘Matty’.

In addition to the fibro-related plans for 2008, I am adding these goals.
I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic -- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself. ~Anais Nin
I don’t want to define my view of myself by those around me. In 2007 my focus was getting to know myself, develop a better understanding of my needs and desires. In 2008 I hope to be able to continue this resolution, and open myself to Others.
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. ~Anais Nin
This quote reminds me that personal experiences and different ways of thinking always sway points of view. This year, I want to seek to understand, and then to be understood. A lot of disagreements and altercations come from misunderstandings. Maybe these misunderstandings can be prevented, by making an honest attempt to understand the other person than to be understood by everyone.
So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ~The Eagles

No comments: