Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hancock

I finally got around to watching 'Hancock'.

I know he was a drunk.

I know he had anger issues.

I know it wasn't exactly the best made movie.

But I was very moved by it... Not as an action movie, but as a chick-flick.

Seeing the spark between Hancock and Mary, how being close to her brought down his defenses... making him vulnerable, her own walls crumbling when she is near him... That undeniable chemistry, which may be unwelcomed at times, that truly allows the other person to not only see us as we truly are but... even opens us up to injury/harm. Isn't that how love works?

Besides, I have never met a man who didn't think he was some kind of secret superhero. ;)

1 comment:

~~ pixie said...

Guess I got to watch it again :) I got too pissed at the first two you listed:

"I know he was a drunk.

I know he had anger issues."

That I think I failed to even watch it. On the list to do this weekend for almost everything deserves a second chance :)