Thursday, May 13, 2010

Putting Her Stamp On Things

The Post Office has released a stamp honoring Katharine Hepburn! I love her!

According to the Wikipedia:

"Hepburn holds the record for the most Best Actress Oscar wins with four, from 12 nominations. Hepburn won an Emmy Award in 1976 for her lead role in Love Among the Ruins, and was nominated for four other Emmys, two Tony Awards and eight Golden Globes. In 1999, the American American Film Institute ranked Hepburn as the greatest female star in the history of American cinema."

"Katharine Hepburn will be remembered for generations, for both her unparalleled acting ability and being a role model for women who chose to live life on their own terms,"Postmaster General John Potter said in a statement." This article posted on Yahoo News has more information.

I will get a couple of her stamps, not because they are so beautiful or because I have a lot of things to mail, but because I greatly respected her.

Some of my favorite quotes by Katharine Hepburn are:

  • Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything.
  • As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work.
  • I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.
  • Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around.
  • My greatest strength is common sense. I'm really a standard brand - like Campbell's tomato soup or Baker's chocolate.
  • Without discipline, there's no life at all.

No comments: