Thursday, February 21, 2008

A slaves surrender


Bottoms have appetites that are their own, whereas slaves' needs become the same as those of the Master. ~Guy Baldwin

So many discuss the difference between bottoms, submissives, and slaves. I think that this quote defines the strongest contrasts. Bottoms are compliant for the moment, giving up control for a defined amount of time for a certain activity. Submissives may not set the guidelines as strongly as a bottom, but there are still agreed upon limits, boundaries, and situations that define their docile behavior. Slaves, on the other hand, once they surrender control it is absolute, in all areas.

I used to think that the needs of the slave and right Master would magically align like some cosmic sign that proved they were right together. However, as I have matured within my slavery, I now know that a slave selects a Master whose thoughts are similar to her own, not only so that they will be more compatible but so that when she surrenders her own desires for His, her needs will still be met.

Along my journey, some ideas have been cemented within my soul. I know that I need unconditional mastery. I know that I need to be able to relinquish control completely. I know that I need the dynamics of a Dad/daughter relationship. So the trick will be, for me to find the right One that has those needs, but from the other side of the coin. This way, by meeting His needs I am also ensuring my own are taken care of.

I love the word 'surrender'. What I long to do is much more than submit, I truly desire to yield to Him... His desires... His pleasure... His needs. Embracing them as though they are my own.

No comments: