Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Puppy Lessons

Sometimes my puppy gets me tickled... other times she teaches me things about myself - somehow when I see my own behaviors mirrored in her actions something inside my head clicks.  Things make sense and I understand why she does what she does - and also realize what it means when I do those things too. 


Puppy will play with the other puppies and while I think she may not be paying me any mind, when I go to sneak out of eye sight, within a few seconds she is following right behind me.  During my munch/demo/party days, even while I was talking with brothers and sisters in surrender, when my Owner would slip away I would follow quietly.  Unless I had been given permission to 'frolic' until Owner came back for me.  At the time, I was told that I was being clingy - but Puppy has shown me that they were wrong.  Just as I felt safe and calm near my Owner, so does Puppy.  I can see that now.  I'm thankful I can see that now.  


Another thing that Puppy has helped me overcome is the awkward sense of nervousness that overwhelms me when I want to be closer to the One that owns me...  Now I can see it is a natural response to desire to be in favor and near the Pack Leader.  Puppy wants closer to me a lot, especially if she is unsure what is going on or she is scared.  Sometimes I think Puppy just needs a little reassurance, she will run to me for some attention and then go back to what she was doing.  I have moments of that... I think that all submissives/slaves have moments like that.  


I used to feel guilty that I couldn't be a better Owner to Puppy, but now I realize that as I am meeting her needs... she is teaching me about mine.  MathMan used to say that I felt badly because I had been conditioned to think I was too much work for an Owner... I can see His point with that.  I'm beginning to see that is not the case... I'm as active with Puppy as I desire to be, I tend to her needs and am willing to be a good Owner to Puppy... Just as, I hope one day, a Man will be with me.  Puppy seems very happy with our arrangement, and that makes me happy.  

No comments: