Saturday, September 3, 2011

Starting Fresh


"The hardest thing in the world is to have a good man when you've had a bad one," Sheila said.
"I think it's harder to have a good woman after she's had a bad man," countered Troy.



I don't want to be one of 'those' women... who become bitter and remain terrified of reliving their mistakes.  I don't want to constantly make Someone jump through hoops to prove He is who He says He is and not my Ex reincarnated.  Realistically I know that it will take time to learn new responses appropriate for the new Person, and it will take consistent work from both people to make those old tapes stop... But... I'm not sure how I would feel if a Man put me through those paces in order for me to continually show Him that I am different than His ex...  And to be honest, I don't stick around long when the Guy is so hung up with 'her' that He doesn't see 'me'.  


Maybe once trust is established it will be easier to stop being 'that way'?  


I hate the thought of a previous person retaining that much power over someone, that even in the next relationship the person is miserable, distrusting, scared, and lashing out at someone totally blameless.


I want to learn to start fresh, heal my wounds and begin again.  


Just some quiet thoughts after watching a movie with the family...    

No comments: