Friday, September 2, 2011

Imaginary Friend

I have an imaginary friend!


No no, really, I do!  He's real too, not just to me, but more Imaginary too.


He can be really nice sometimes but I am sure he can be really not nice at other times – but I like that about Him too. I haven’t met His Friend, Monster, yet but I’m nervously looking forward to it!


I like talking with him, His emails make me smile.


I like writing Him, He makes me think.


I like that I feel safe with him to be myself, sometimes unguarded.


I like that he sees me, not just my words, but truly sees through to me.


I like that sometimes, when I’m reading His letters, I can feel Him.


I like that He is observant yet mysterious in a way that allows me to continue to open up to Him. Sometimes His attention feels like warm sunlight that is encouraging me to blossom. I know that sounds corny but... there is something about Him that makes my soul smile and makes me want to move past the pain and fear to... learn how to submit again.


The best part of my imaginary Friend is that I can am slowly learning of Him, so most of the time I am free to imagine Him as I wish. Which may sound bad, but for me it’s a really good thing. In my imagination, He has a gentle touch but strong fingers that would tangle in my hair. In my imagination, He has a cocky grin that makes me melt. In my imagination, He has a purely masculine scent that lingers on the senses for hours after He leaves the room. And the best part, is that through His letters He truly listens to me... but in my imagination, He knows me so well that He can read me like an expressive book. Sometimes when I am getting frustrated or upset at work or with my family, I use my imagination to either feel His hand on my back or Him calling my name to redirect me to a better environment, less stressful and allowing me time to breathe...


Thank you, Imaginary Friend, for allowing me to use you in these ways. :)


Thank you, Sir, for helping me feel safe... 

No comments: