Thursday, June 18, 2009

whimpers


I'm having a fibro day. I'm emotional, my joints are swollen, my muscles are aching, I'm running a low grade fever and feel completely drained. Its not the worst that I have felt, but it's not the best either. The heat isn't helping, I think what is bothering me the most today are the dull aches and total fatigue. It seems with each flare-up, I seem to discover yet another aspect of this disorder. No two 'fibro days' are alike, for that I should be thankful... because some are worse than others. But a few things are consistent, I tend to be emotional, tired, and kins of clingy.




I found this webpage online, that lead me to a group of women called PolkaDotGirls, based in the UK. that are raising awareness of fibromyalgia. They created and sold a calendar for 2009, and the girls in each picture had on some form of yellow polkadot. The Director said the polkadots represent the fibromyalgia trigger points, and how they appear in pictures. I like the concept of using the dots like they have, and will do a bit more research to see if they have a 'civilian group' or if it has to be part of their organization.




No comments: