Friday, June 12, 2009

Romance?

I've never been the mushy gushy romantic sappy type of girl. I am more of a realist. Things that I find romantic are simple, thoughtful, and productive... making sure that my car has gas, checking the water in my radiator... picking up my medication at the store when I am sick... send me a text or email that says He is thinking of me... or maybe just petting me a bit while we watch television or a movie.... I'm not the kind of girl that likes a million candles, hot bubble baths, towels from the dryer, and a personally written song about my body parts that rhyme.



I think the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me, was this one day when it was storming... The guy I was involved with, went to Wal-Mart and bought me new windshield wiper blades because he knew mine were bad. He came over, put them on my car, sent me a text message that they were replaced. It was a cold rain, but it was more important to him that I was safe... I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.


Can romance exist between a Master and His slave? I don't really know. I don't believe the traditional pu$$y whipped crap can work, but maybe a more realistic productive form of that thoughtfulness? After all... isn't it part of taking care of His girl?


I have met some who feel that romance has no part in a Master/slave relationship, that it gives too much power to the girl... I don't see that. I spoke with someone recently who felt that it cannot, and that it would make him under her control. However, that person and I have very different views on what is romantic. Which is ok, everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, and feelings. :) I have a Friend who feels that it can exist, should exist, and takes work with both people involved in the power exchange.


I think that, like limits, it is something that should be decided in each relationship, with each partner, and discussed throughout the evulation of the union... hopfully I meet One who not only believes that love can exist between Master/slave but requires it.

No comments: