Saturday, November 8, 2008

Verbal Allergies


I have verbal allergies. There are some words that, despite any kind of corrective training I have attempted, still bring out horrible reactions. I can become angry, withdrawn, disgusted, or even sarcastically pissy.


Example: I hate being called clingy, needy, demanding, or that I am overreacting will totally release my wrath! I do not know why I am so severely insulted by these words, their definitions do not make them negative but the connotation of their existence disgusts me.
Unfortunately, this is something that is very difficult to explain, and even more frustrating to try and accept. It is like I switch out of whatever mode I am in (little girl, slave, etc) and become protective Bitch wanting to know what in the hell you mean by that are you talking about? And that's bad.

I am not just talking about those red flags that communicate the person I am talking to is stupid unaware of the meaning of his words. And I am not just talking about those times when someone crosses the line into something that is non of their damn business inappropriate.

Am I the only one who has these responses to certain words? Granted, everyone’s words are different, but could the reactions be similar? Does this even make any sense? Or am I just not thinking clearly today?

To me, it is all about the connotation of the word. Yes we know that definitions are similar, but the ‘feeling’ of the word is what counts. That is what pisses me off so badly.

Please allow me, to set up a scenario in which to demonstrate when my verbal allergies will flare up.

Man-A has found a girl to His liking and demanded control of her very existence. Issuing the order "you will not cum, date, dress, cut your hair, or do anything" without begging MY permission. (Blah blah blah, right?) Girl agrees and now becomes slave{A} and the journey begins. As slave{A} obeys her Master, she may have needs that are not being met or wants to better understand something so that she may improve within her service to Man-A. So slave{A} begs for an extension of His control, maybe a journal or email contact or something, to help her become a better slave to Man-A. However, for some reason unknown to the feminine mind, Man-A decides that slave{A} requesting anything from this all powerful Man is "topping from the bottom", so he takes it upon himself to correct this "demanding" girl. Totally bowled over by the complete lack of communication/understanding between Man and girl, she becomes upset and cries. He chastises her with “emotional girl, stop overreacting."


Or an example from my personal experiences:
Man demands open access to the girl (emotionally physically sexually and mentally), and demands that girl be available, honest, and open with Him at all times. The first few weeks are good, He tells her to contact Him every x hours via text or whatever... But a month into it, or six weeks into it, He decides she is now "clingy needy" and punishes her for doing the very thing he taught her to do.


So instead of being man enough, in either example, to be honest and open with her (which is odd because that is what he demands, yes?) he hides behind words to label her that hysterical woman who isn’t worth his time. Suddenly, she becomes the bag guy even when the situation doesn’t become the bad guy.

Personally I feel like... people take the easy way out. Or don’t want to ‘waste time’ understanding the other perspective, so they chalk everything up to ‘that time of the month’ (like FetLifeGuy gave us that example)... I’m an intelligent person, I do not know everything but I am far from being stupid. And I refuse to down play my intelligence anymore just to save someone’s fragile insecurities.

Hmm or does that make me sound like a bitch?

~girl
or should I sign it bitch. LOL

Journal topic is from a discussion on fetlife

No comments: