Sunday, March 30, 2008

Healthy Break or Growing Stagnate?


'Cheshire Puss,’ she began… ‘Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?’
‘That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,’ said the Cat.
‘I don’t much care where–’ said Alice.
‘Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,’ said the Cat.
‘–so long as I get somewhere,’ Alice added as an explanation.
‘Oh, you’re sure to do that,’ said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.’
~ Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland


In college, this was a favorite journal quote for my Composition teachers. It's funny now, that it came to girl’s mind, years later, as a blog entry. I am at that crossroads again, unsure which way to go, where I should be now, who I should be now, or what I am expected to do next. My head knows what family and friends expect me to do, but my heart just isn’t in it. It’s not that I am at a standstill, exactly, but maybe just taking an emotional break? A reflective hiatus, if you will.

Girl misses Pixie, desperately. As much as girl would love to see her, spend time with her, girl knows that Pixie is one who this one cannot convince Pixie girl feels otherwise. She knows all of my secrets, knows when I am dodging or lying to myself that I am ok... Yes, in time it is what this girl needs, but... not sure if her heart is ready for that... yet.

1 comment:

~~ pixie said...

pixie loves you sis...and she is very close to also understanding which way she must go....thank you for loving me and always understanding....you are an incredible woman and i love you lots :)