Saturday, December 1, 2007

Your view or mine?



She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She does not care to be herself. ~ Anais Nin






As much as I don't want to admit it... I have days where this rings so true. Not because I don't care for myself exactly, but I have had to learn to see myself as I am, and not base my view solely on what others see. Majority of the submissives have a natural desire to serve, a burn within to be found pleasing... We want to make that special One happy, but sometimes it can consume us to the point of loosing ourselves. I have been there before. I do not wish to go back.

Normally this is where I would get on my soap box about society teaching children, both male and female, at young ages what they should or should not do. How they should or should not think. But... not tonight.


No comments: