Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Significance of Love-Making

The moment of greatest significance in love-making is not the moment of orgasm. It is rather the moment of entrance, the moment of penetration... This is the moment that shakes us, that has within it the great wonder, tremendous and tremulous as it may be- or disappointing and despairing, which says the same thing from the opposite point of view. - Rollo May

I can see what Rollo May is talking about, not just a physical penetration of two bodies, but a soulful union also. At least, that is the idealistic form of "making love". For me, thats how I feel. I think what seperates sex from making love, are those moments following an orgasm. That is what has always been what defines the experience for me. Then again, my desire for intimacy is more on the emotional level than the physical level. Don't get me wrong, I love a good sexual drive and my share of lust, but... It's hard to explain. Anyway, I'm just posting this quote because I thought it was kind of... different.


No comments: