Sunday, December 30, 2007

Vanity or Insecurity

I do believe that there is a certain amount of vanity in a slave’s desire to be pleasing. Not in the "queen of the world" way, but there is a certain amount of pride that comes from being pleasing. There is a fine line between being proud of being able to give Him pleasure and being haughty in service. I don't serve because I need to "strutting my stuff", but my ego does benefit from being told I have been a good girl, been pleasing and served well. Its encouraging and gives that part of me strength to venture into other areas of service ~ areas that I am not that confident in my ability to serve well.. if that makes any sense?

There is a fine line between serving for the pleasure of the Free and serving for bragging rights amongst the slaves, in a girls humble opinion. A slave understands that slavery is less of a 'Do this Do that' and more of a balancing act between antipodes. Let’s be realistic, anyone can be taught to obey. There is a difference in obeying a direction and serving with the heart. When one learns of the Other, even being proactive in meeting an expected need (ie such as already having His coffee prepared in the mornings) it becomes a balance between the two extremes.

Some argue that a girl needs to be pleasing because she doesn’t value her surrender to Him without it. I do not see it that way. Yes, I am insecure of some areas of service, but confident in other places. My desire to be pleasing isn’t to help anchor insecurities as much as it defines the relationship in my head.

Example:
He is Master, and I am slave.
He is Owner, and I am owned.
He commands, and I obey.
He is to be pleased, and I am to please.
Why is this?
Because He is Master, and I am slave.
~Explorers of Gor



No comments: