Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dogwood Winter


I think that this is part of my favorite time of year, outside of the fall. I enjoy the brief taste of spring and this cold front that comes after. It is comforting to know that beautiful weather is coming, yet is like I am given a reprieve from the heat just a bit longer.

This is the time of year that people are preparing their gardens, making plans for summer vacations, becoming excited about the ending of school... I really enjoy the early spring and late fall seasons. I like being outside without the blistering heat of summer, even though I don't think I could do without swimming! I also like to fish, but the sweltering heat tends to send the fish to the bottom of the river/lake. Deep down, sometimes I wish I could join them... as I would want my super power to be being able to live underwater too.

But getting back to the topic at hand, I'm happy dogwood winter is here. :)

Because Spring will be soon behind.

No comments: