Friday, February 17, 2012

Dom Drop - an exert



In the moment, after hours of slowly breaking you down, Dominance can become ever so slightly weary. There’s such a thing as ‘Dom Drop’, although to just throw a phrase at it and hope that it sticks, that it can neatly be categorised and filed away is somewhat misleading. 


It’s something that is driven by guilt, I think. The guilt that you’re doing negative things to someone you love, and yet they’re deriving enjoyment from that. It’s driven by self doubt, and the worry that maybe, regardless of how good this all feels, maybe this is the wrong thing. It doesn’t matter how rational or well thought out your arguments to the contrary are, in that moment you’ve just got the burden of it all bearing down on you. Like I said, it’s a little wearying. 


But in the downtime, in the moments where the Dominance isn’t quite so at the forefront, when you’re asleep and entirely vulnerable, but more important entirely trusting of me, in my care, under my protection, that counters it all. That’s the argument against, right there, the reserves that I can pool, that form a great big light that shines away all that guilt and self doubt, that bolsters and invigorates. 


 It’s in the downtime that I know, without the shadow of a doubt, that what I’m doing is right, and strong, and beautiful. It’s not when I’m laying a hand on you, leaving you with marks, both mental and physical, as satisfying and arousing as those things are. It’s when I know that you’re so completely fulfilled, so absolutely happy and content, and safe, that you can be comfortable being owned, being mine, that it all comes crashing in. It’s what gets me out the other side of Dom Drop, that catch all phrase that really doesn’t catch all that much.


Thoughtfully captured by My Trousers Rolled, on tumblr. 

No comments: