Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Secrets...


They say that when secrets are brought out into the open, it is supposed to release the pain of holding onto it so tightly... I don't think I agree with that. Last night, a lot of family secrets came to the surface... and I've felt this uneasy heaviness ever since.

There is no glory in honesty if it is destructive. And no shame in dishonesty if its goal is to offer grace. ~ MJ Rose

There are things I don’t want to talk about, things that I’m afraid can change my views on certain people forever. I want to love those close to me fiercely and I don’t want to push them away... I don’t want to regret letting my own pride or built up anger keep me distant from them. What good would it do to blab it all over town, its done and over with by now.

Some secrets about myself I want to reveal to Someone who I trust not to judge me. Other secrets, I fear saying out loud because that will make them more real and recent, no longer a painful memory I have managed to push back, but an actual event in the present sense… That I would be forced to relive. That I would force someone else to experience also. I guess it is easier to forget when no one else can remember...

Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets. ~ Paul Tournier

No comments: