Friday, December 26, 2008

Kajira

"What does it means to be a kajira, to you?"
This girl does not believe in the ability to be a ‘no limits slave’, she believes in moments of slavery. Some would say that a slave and a kajira are the same thing, when there are major differences in the mindset of each girl. This girl has experienced offline training as a submissive, slave, and a kajira. She is by no means an expert of anything, yet she has learned the subtle distinctions of each ‘classification’. However, this essay is on what girl feels is meant by being a kajira.

To girl, being a kajira means that the girl truly puts the desires of Another before her own, even things that she do not desire become options for His pleasure. It does not mean she has no limits, because
everyone has limits. Yet her desire to serve is stronger than her fear of whatever that limit is. The girl has been in a situation where she was being taught the ways of a kajira offline, yet was commanded to do many things the girl did not like... she obeyed, because the fear of disappointing Owner was most powerful than the distaste of the request. Kajirae are not miracle workers and are still human, sometimes a girl needs additional support or guidance to make her way through the task He desires... If her heart is truly pure in her need to obey, and her mind is open to Him, then an unfailing Master will be able to lead her through it. At least that is this girl’s belief. That calm feeling that comes with keeping one’s mind focused on Him, being proactive to His needs, and remaining honest at all times... those are all things that a kajira embraces. A slave often thinks "you can take her there, but these are a girl’s limits" whereas a kajira is more likely to have the mindset of "absolute obedience will please Master". (Then again, there seems to be a distinction that comes along with being a Gorean Master and a D/s Master.)

A kajira must also be aware of what is her business and what is His business. When in a relationship, this is the part that this girl struggles with each day. She aches to understand in an attempt to calm her own fears, so she tends to either ask too many questions or reach out too much to Him... and it begins to be seen as being clingy or an attempt at manipulation... which breaks the girls heart because it is the last of her intentions.

Serving at the Inn has taught the girl that service is a constant evolution, growing from each day to the next. There isn’t a stopping point where someone can say "Whew, now girl is a kajira", there is that consistent feeding the fires within, striving to be more pleasing, finding new ways to serve...

This is something that one feels relates somewhat and she wishes to share...

A slave's Prayer

Allow me the strength to answer questions I can't fathom.
Allow me the spirit to know His needs.
Allow me the serenity to serve Him in peace.
Allow me the love to show Him myself.
Allow me the tenderness to comfort Him.
Allow me the wisdom to be an asset to Him.
Let me be able to show
Him each day my love of my service to Him.
Let me open myself up too completely belong to Him.
Let me accept my punishment with the grace of a woman.
Let me learn to please Him, beyond myself.
Grant me the power to give myself to Him completely.
Give me the strength to please us both.
Permit me to love myself, in loving Him.
For it is my greatest wish,
To make His life complete,
as He makes mine.

~Author Unknown



Special Thanks to a Friend for providing this Journal Prompt

No comments: