Saturday, January 15, 2011

coddling vs immaturity

I have been having some disagreements/debates with my online friends regarding coddling of a slave and immaturity on the Master's end.  I am an adult and feel in a power exchange relationship that both should give to the relationship and to the other person.  However I don't want to be overly pampered or coddled, I need to be held accountable and to make corrections to displeasing behaviors.  But at the same time, I don't want to be chastised and degraded just because someone else needs an ego boost.  If I am wrong, then I am wrong.  But when I am right, the other person needs to suck it up and admit that they were wrong.  One friend in particular, has been lashing out rather dramatically the last few days -- from a professional point of view I can see that these behaviors are cries for reassurance and a sense of security.  As a slave, a pouty Master who is having a tantrum pisses me off.  If he cannot control his emotions, including his anger, then he will not be able to control another person. 

I don't believe in horoscopes but sometimes they are eerily accurate.  As I was thinking about these things yesterday, wondering how I fit into it... here is what my horoscope said:

Leo: Jan 15 2011.

Insecure people are often the ones who defend themselves the loudest, are the most aggressive about being catered to, and they often demand constant reassurance. In other words, they know that it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Although you are rarely insecure, you could learn something from this. There is something you want to make happen. You feel confident that it should. But it may be better to approach the situation in a more assertive way. Put a spotlight on the issue, and you'll be sure to get what you need.


No comments: