Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

 Looking back on my resolutions from 2010, I see that (while I have traveled the long hard road to get here), I think I am where I need to be at the closing of this year. 

While 2010 was a very difficult one, I have been very blessed.  Yes I lost my Dad (RIP), but he is finally at peace and in no more pain - for that I am thankful.  Yes I have been through medical hell the last seven months, but it has reminded me that life is too short to be wasted.  Yes I have spent the last three weeks sick with pneumonia, but it has brought my family closer together.  

Goodbye 2010, thank you for your blessings in disguise but I truly hope that 2011 is kinder and brings more laughter than tears, more joy than pain, and a hell of a lot more fun. 






When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
- Author Unknown 

No comments: