Thursday, January 7, 2010

Unwritten

One of my favorite books is Little Women, I have read it a dozen times. Yet each time I explore the book, there are parts that take me on a roller coaster of emotions, literally from laughter to tears. That’s why I love the book so much. That’s why I keep reading. No matter how my spirit mourns for Beth when she passes... my heart takes flight while Jo is falling in love with the Professor. I think that is the mark of an excellent story. When we stop and focus on one aspect of the story, we miss the enjoyment of the whole book.

That is what I have been doing lately, within my own life. I tend to lose my focus, lost in my own pain and loss. Or I stub up and refuse to let go of the good parts. But it isn’t about just one or the other – it’s the entire nature of life. Without the sorrow, we cannot know joy. Each day is like a turning of the page... my story has yet to be imagined, and each morning brings a new opportunity for something... Be it laughter or tears, I’m ready to write my own destiny.

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin

No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips

Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Unwritten, Sung by Natasha Bedingfield

No comments: