Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Insecurities

Everyone has secrets.

Everyone has walls.

How do we know which is honestly for our own protection and which is to keep others at arm’s length? People say that insecurities are natural, everyone has them. Perhaps they are a mark of our humanity, that sliver of doubt that pushes us to decide – do we want to live in this moment or hide?

In this moment, when I am torn which path to take... is when I wish I knew what the result will be. In my heart I know what I must do, if I want to continue down this road. I also know that if I retreat, I will not end up where I wish to be.

There is always a chance, if I truly lower a guard that leaves me extremely vulnerable, that there will be Someone there to protect me. Even if it is my teddy.

1 comment:

~~ pixie said...

Ahhhh...those insecurities which enforce that in life there are no guaranties and a lot of risks. Where do we go...what road do we take? I wish sis these were questions that I had answers for. Trust in you...that is all this girl can give you. I love you sis....