Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Friends

It’s all running together. Nurses coming in, therapists leaving, phone ringing, begging Doctors, being sent home from emergency rooms, Dad falling, Mom getting hurt, ambulances in the driveway, rescue squads stomping up the steps, gurneys that aren’t stable, and everything else...

Some people have called to check on me/him/us... One family in particular have touched my heart beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. Bringing dinner one night so I didn’t have to cook, helping transport Dad to various hospitals in hopes of getting him admitted. They even came over when he would fall and I didn’t have the strength to pick him back up alone...


Once again, the nurses were telling us to take him to the Emergency Room. This time, I was completely exhausted. With one text message from Mom, they showed up... and helped us get him to the facility that finally admitted him.


On the way to the hospital, we heard this song on the radio... it will forever remind me of this very special family have will forever have a place in my heart. I cannot thank them enough.

Find Out Who Your Friends Are
You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who your friends are

(This is not to say that anyone who wasn't in a position
to be there physically is not my friend, it is just a
way for me to thank this family in particular...
for everything.)

No comments: