Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Love



Like an old photograph
Time can make a feeling fade
But the memory of a first love
Never fades away.

~Tim McGraw


I don't think that we ever forget our first loves... whether they are from our puppy love years or as an adult, there will always be something special about hearing from him.

In high school, I was so afraid of being stuck in a small town that I wouldn’t let myself get close to the guys I grew up with. But in college, I met this guy who charmed his way past my walls, sweet talked himself deep into my heart. And for the first time, I was in love. Even though that was (going on) ten years ago, hearing from him always makes me smile. So I was happy when he called tonight, the walk down memory lane was fun.


Reminds me... what I hope to find again, a natural sort of togetherness that can’t be explained.

1 comment:

Omgwana said...

I know what you mean about first loves. I just found out a few days ago that my first love had died from a mysterious and unusual illness a few months ago. There is a part of me that died with her, too, that I never knew existed until it was gone. The first love is the love that will always be with you...forever.