Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Boundaries Analogy





I like to color, it relieves my stress and helps me relax... sometimes it helps me think. I like how the coloring pages have those bold thick boundaries, so I know what is ok to color and what is not. Yes I could color outside the line if I wanted to, but then I could not help create the picture the Artist had in mind to start with... Sometimes I think my personality and my submission is like the crayons, that when matched with the right 'picture', could have the potential to be something beautiful.. something 'right'.


The best way to describe what I am looking for is with an analogy. I am not an artist, but I love to color. I can spend hours coloring, listening to the radio or watching a movie, using my imagination to bring to life the picture on the page. However, I don't like to draw/color my own designs. I feel lost and overwhelmed without those bold lines to serve as my boundaries. Perhaps I focus on the ride shade of blue for the eyes and don't have the image of the whole character in my head before I color. I do my best to stay in the lines because I want to honor the picture the illustrator intended it to be. That is what I need in a relationship too. I need someone to have the big picture in mind, setting those boundaries to ensure that I am focusing on the right ways of bringing color (or service) and not getting overwhelmed with the process - yet still allowed to bring 'my touch' to it.

No comments: