Saturday, January 2, 2016

You Have Been Chopped.


There is a show on the Food Network called Chopped.  The short summary of the show is that four chefs play three rounds of the cooking game.  After each round, one of the contestants is 'Chopped' or eliminated until there is a winner.  When the contestants are close and the judges cannot not decide who should go, they will chop based on basic mistakes made earlier in the game.  This always bothered me... Then I realized that I hate when this happens in relationships.

As I am getting to know someone, and He me, we find those little things that are OK along the way.  When a bigger issue comes up, then we end things and move on.  But sometimes there is that time where I have been chopped for something that happened in the beginning, that I thought we had moved passed...  That is when things really suck.  I don't understand how something that can bother someone so much - enough to end things, can go unmentioned for weeks or months until suddenly - oh yes, remember several months ago when you fell asleep on the phone?  Yes that's why I don't want to see you again.  Looking back, I can see that the person was searching for excuses, but I'm just now finding the desire to blog about it. 

Now I am guilty of letting things build, the first time or two something happens I won't mention it... but after a couple times of it happening, I will speak to Him about it.  But I don't use words like "always or never", etc.   But when it is something we have discussed multiple times and it doesn't change, then I will chop him.   

Just some thoughts swirling around my brain this morning. 


No comments: