Thursday, July 9, 2009

Being Interesting


He looked on her, intently. He studied her. He gave her great attention. She turned her head to one side, her wrists secured in many turns of the binding fiber, her fists clenched. I knew that on earth many men did not even know their wives. They did not truely look upon them. Never, truly, had they seen them. But a Gorean master will know every inch, and care for every inch, of one of his slave girls. He will know every hair, every sweet blemish of her. In a way she is nothing to him, for she is only a slave. But in another way she is very important to him. She is one of his women. He will know her. He will want to know her completely, every inch of her body, every inch of her mind. Nothing less will satisfy him. She is his property. He will choose to know his property thoroughly.
~Hunters of Gor, page 145

...the slave girl is not simply someone with whom the man lives; she is very special to him; she is a treasured possession; he owns her; he wants to know her; profoundly and deeply; the background, history, the mind, the intelligence, the appetites, the nature and disposition of his lovely article of property; this knowledge, of course, puts her more at his mercy; by making it possible to manipulate her feelings, exploit weaknesses, drop asides, ect., she in the helpless condition of slavery, it gives him more power over her.
~Tribesmen of Gor, page 42


I love this quote, I like the idea of this, but I fear the actual intense "know everything" connection... fear it in a good way. I know that I need a more positive view of myself, but I want so badly to please that... I cannot help but wonder if I will be able to. MathMan and I talk about this a good bit, I am thankful for His patience with me. He tells me that I worry too much, but I'm don't know how to stop. Pixie and I agree that neither of us want Someone to be a mindreader, but at least being interested in hearing what we have to say or what we think, etc. I like that about MathMan... I like that a lot. Yes I want His opinion. Yes I want His views. But He also helps me... anchor myself in a certain sense. Which is a very very good thing.

No comments: