Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thoughts

The more that I read about Marilyn Monroe, the more I can see myself in her words. I am grateful for the way her quotes are posted across the internet, because she says certain things much better than I can word them.


The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me.
I wouldn't argue with them.
They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.
~ Marilyn Monroe

I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved,
for myself and for my talent. ~ Marilyn Monroe

People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one.
~ Marilyn Monroe

No comments: